From the highest active volcano in Europe to the Alcantara Gorges, a guided tour that starts from Taormina and leads you on a journey of the natural beauty of this land.
You’ll start by ascending the volcano (up to a height of 2,100 m) with expert tour guides who will accompany you on a walk through the craters and lava flows of this spectacular lunar landscape in the ancient volcanic caldera of Valle del Bove while exploring volcanic caves. You’ll then go from the volcano to the river to experience the natural elements of water and fire.
You’ll be taken along a fascinating tour of the Alcantara River which flows between narrow lava walls and winds through fascinating natural canyons of ancient formation. It’ll be a memorable day trip in proximity with nature and all its majestic beauty.
You’ll explore both new and ancient craters and have spectacular views of houses surrounded by lava and the entire Ionian coast from above.
To end the day, you’ll enjoy a guided wine tasting and a rich, delicious brunch of local meats and cheeses offered by one of the most renowned wineries in the area.
The tour is available by reservation for a maximum of 8 people – subject to vehicle availability.
It’s suitable for all ages and abilities.
This tour is also available during the winter months. Snowshoes will even be provided if necessary.
We also suggest our guided tour of Etna and Taormina
- Availability: daily
- Pick-up & Drop-off: Piazza della Funivia Mazzarò Taormina, at 08:30am
- Duration: 8 hrs
- Price: € 89,00/person
- Transfer from Taormina in a 4WD/minivan
- Expert naturalistic guide
- Flashlights and helmets provided
- Walk alongside the ancient lava flows
- Reach Rifugio Sapienza or Rifugio Citelli
- Hike around Silvestri Craters or Sartorius Craters
- Explore a lava flow cave with helmets and flashlights
- Entrance to the Alcantara River (ticket not included= 1,50€/person)
- Wine tasting and brunch of local products + visit to a wine cellar