The tour of the Perugina® Chocolate House tells the extraordinary true story of this Italian enterprise.
Beginning in the museum, visitors will learn the history of the Perugina® Chocolate House, followed by the factory visit where visitors can taste the products, and finally, to top off the sweet tour, the fabulous gift shop.
The tour starts in the historical museum, which was the second of its kind in Italy. Visitors will watch a short introductory video explaining how chocolate is processed. The journey then continues in the Buitoni Perugina® Historical Archive where you will find photos, images, packaging and advertising carousels that have made history. For more “mature” guests, it will be a blast from the past and will probably bring back childhood memories. An area of this archive is dedicated to the Bacio Perugina ®.
After visiting the historical archive, it will be time to tour the actual factory. During your tour, you will have the opportunity to taste products taken directly from the production line.
The journey will end in the Perugina® Gift Shop.
Perugina® School of Chocolate
Perugina® offers amateur courses and educational and recreational workshops for all ages, up to a “Master in Chocolate”. The Perugina® School of Chocolate was the first school in Italy open to the public. Expert chocolate masters will demonstrate the various phases of chocolate processing or cake decoration step by step. The courses are customizable and tailored to the individual.
- Hours: Monday to Friday, from 9.00 to 13.00 and from 14.00 to 17.30; Saturday from 10.00 to 16.00.
- Tickets: € 9 adults; children from 13 to 17 years € 7; children from 6 to 12 years € 4; under 5 free. For more detailed info visit the official website.
- The tour lasts about an hour and 15 minutes. Guides available both in Italian and in English.
- Reservations are strongly recommended.
- Located just 15 minutes from the historic center of Perugia.
- You can even celebrate special events and ceremonies (birthdays, anniversary, graduations, etc.) at Perugina®.